Frequently Asked Questions
Policy On Disclosure Of Information By Third Parties
On occasion Liminal BioSciences Inc. (“Liminal”) forwards general information of interest and relating to its various fields of activities such as blood, blood safety, vCJD, and anemia, as well as the use of its proprietary products within the healthcare industry. This service is provided to our shareholders as a means to inform them on the landscape in which Liminal is evolving. From time to time, Liminal will provide information to third parties as part of interviews or due diligence, with such information that can be incorporated in articles or research reports. As part of its policy, Liminal does not post such articles or research reports as Liminal cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability for the subsequent distribution of this information by third parties (see full disclosure on the Legal Disclaimer page).
- Where is Liminal's corporate headquarters?
Liminal’s corporate headquarters is located at 440 Armand Frappier Boulevard in Laval, Quebec, Canada. We also have operations and employees based throughout Canada, the United States and the UK.
- Who are the members of Liminal's Board of Directors?
You can view the Corporation’s Board of Directors by visiting the Board of Directors page on the website.
- Who are the members of the Liminal management team?
You can view the Corporation’s management team by visiting the Management page on the website.
- How do I contact Investor Relations with a question or request?
- When is Liminal's fiscal year end?
The Corporation’s fiscal year end is December 31.
- When are Liminal’s earnings reporting dates?
- Year End / Annual Report 2019– by or on March 30, 2020
- First Quarter Earnings – by or on May 17, 2020
- Second Quarter Earnings – by or on August 16, 2020
- Third Quarter Earnings – by or on November 15, 2020
- When and where is Liminal’s annual meeting Of shareholders?
This year the Annual and Special Meeting of shareholders of Liminal BioSciences Inc. will be conducted solely via a live webcast meeting on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern time) at https://web.lumiagm.com/162124167. For more information please read the 2020 Proxy Circular, AGM Virtual Meeting Guide and related documents on the Investor Briefcase page.
- How do I get copies of Liminal’s financial documents?
These may be downloaded from Liminal’s web site at https://liminalbiosciences.com/resources/financial-reports
- How many common shares are currently issued and outstanding on a fully diluted basis?
Update available on the www.TSX.com website.
As of June 2019, the Company had 23,420,352 issued and outstanding common shares.
- Does Liminal Issue Dividends?
Not as of yet.
- Who Is Liminal’s Transfer Agent?
Our transfer agent is Computershare. You can contact Computershare via their website at: www.computershare.com.
Written requests by regular mail can be made to:
Computershare Investor Services
P.O. Box 43078
Providence, RI 02940-3078 USA
Computershare Investor Services
100 University Avenue, 8th Floor, North Tower
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2Y1 Canada
Telephone enquiries at 1-800-564-6253 (toll free in Canada and the USA) between the hours of 8:30 am and 8:00 pm Eastern Time or 514-982-7555 (international direct dial).
- Who are the Company's auditors?
The Company’s auditors are currently PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Where can I find Liminal's latest regulatory filings?
- Where can I find Liminal's insider trading reports?
To view all electronic insider trading reports, visit the Canadian Securities Administrators’ SEDI website www.sedi.ca *
*These links will take you to an independent third party website site.
- How do I contact Liminal for Investor Information?
Liminal BioSciences Inc.
440 Boul. Armand-Frappier, Suite 300
Laval, Quebec H7V 4B4
Only public information or information which could otherwise be disclosed in accordance with Liminal’s Corporate Communication and Disclosure Policy shall be utilized in responding to inquiries. Please provide your telephone number so that we may contact you.
- On what exchanges are the Company's shares listed for trading and what is the ticker symbol?
- Where can I find Liminal’s Annual Information Form?
The 2019 Annual Information Form of Liminal Life Sciences Inc. is available upon request from the Company’s Head Office or by accessing the SEDAR (System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval) site, www.sedar.com.
- What does a voluntary delisting from the TSX mean?
By voluntarily delisting from TSX, the Company’s common shares will no longer be traded on the TSX. The delisting will become effective on August 5, 2020.
- Why has Liminal BioSciences made the decision to voluntarily delist?
The Company believes the limited trading volume of its common shares on the TSX no longer justifies the expense and administrative complexity of maintaining a dual listing. The Company’s common shares will continue to be listed on NASDAQ.
- If I hold Liminal BioSciences common shares that were traded on the TSX, what do I have to do?
Shareholders holding common shares in Canadian brokerage accounts are encouraged to contact their brokers to verify how to trade their common shares on NASDAQ in the future.
- Once the stock is delisted on the TSX will I retain the same number of common shares?
Yes, you will retain the same number of shares.
- Does the delisting impact the trading of Liminal BioSciences' common shares on NASDAQ?
No. Liminal BioSciences’ common shares continue to be listed and traded on NASDAQ under the trading symbol of “LMNL.”
- How do I buy or sell common shares of Liminal BioSciences?
Liminal BioSciences’ common shares can be purchased and sold on NASDAQ. Most brokers in Canada maintain ready access to NASDAQ to support you in this.
- What if my broker cannot trade on NASDAQ?
We understand that most brokers in Canada, including most discount brokers, have the ability to buy and sell securities listed on NASDAQ. If your broker is unable to trade on NASDAQ, in order to trade your Liminal BioSciences common shares you will need to open an account at a broker that is able to trade on NASDAQ.
- I purchased common shares in Canadian dollars. Will the new common shares be valued in US dollars?
Your common shares will trade on NASDAQ in US dollars. If your account is denominated in Canadian dollars, the value of your common shares may be converted into Canadian dollars by your broker. We recommend that you contact your broker to confirm treatment.
- What is the purpose of the F-1 recently filed with the SEC and posted on Edgar and SEDAR?
The registration statement on Form F-1 filed on August 13th (the “Resale F-1”) is not an offering of common shares by Liminal BioSciences Inc. (the “Company”).
The Resale F-1 registers the common shares previously issued in April 2019 to our majority shareholders Structured Alpha LP (“SALP”) and to funds managed by Consonance Capital Management (“Consonance”) to allow for the resale of such shares by SALP and Consonance on the Nasdaq stock exchange now that our shares are listed on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange.
The filing of the Resale F-1 allows the Company to meet its contractual obligations with respect to Consonance and replaces the prospectus supplement filed by the Company in both Canada and the United States to the Company’s previous registration statement and shelf prospectus filed on November 15, 2019 that has since expired.
Copies of the Resale F-1 can be found on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and on EDGAR at www.sec.gov.