IT Cloud Administrator
IT Cloud Administrator
November 2, 2022
We are looking for a talented Intermediate Cloud Administrator to work as part of Liminal BioSciences UK Team. The Cloud Admin will be responsible for the upkeep Liminal BioSciences company cloud infrastructure, ensuring that security is monitored and maintained, and that network capacity is sufficient for business requirements. In addition, the cloud admin will support the seamless running of our IT support helpdesk. This part of the role involves helping colleagues with IT matters as they arise, as well as maintaining and improving internal IT infrastructure. The role will entail varied project work, which will also give you the opportunity to extend your skillset.
The Cloud admin will be based in Cambridge, but an element of remote working is possible. You will report to the Associate Director IT and work closely with the entire Liminal BioSciences team.
- First and second line helpdesk support for all PC, Softphone, network, AC, and peripheral related issues.
- Installation of hardware – Laptop / Desktop installations, setup of workstations, monitors, etc.
- Support Liminal staff in the use of ICT equipment i.e., PC’s, Tablets, AC, phones, and printers.
- User account maintenance, i.e., password resets, user/mailbox administration. Assisting users, remotely and in-person, to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Accountant overview of UK mobile phone contract for all UK users, management of mobile phone issue.
- Maintaining asset inventories.
- Liaising with suppliers/service providers and monitoring onsite contractors.
- To assist in the introduction of new technology support learning.
- To monitor and maintain ICT equipment including audio visual/conferencing equipment.
- To provide ICT support for visitors.
- Recent and relevant experience of Windows desktop OS platforms.
- First point of contact for security and alarm system, UK office.
Experience & Requirements
- Degree/HND or equivalent in a relevant subject, or demonstrable significant IT support and cloud administration work experience.
- A good understanding of Microsoft applications and Office 365 is a plus
- Strong Knowledge of Windows OS
- Windows 10, 11 experience
- Knowledge of performance monitoring and tuning tools, problem determination and recovery, and security.
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and show willingness to learn
- A proactive, self-motivating attitude to project delivery
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- An ability to create concise and effective documentation
- Networking theory and practice
- Common network services/protocols (e.g., DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SMB, NFS)
- Computing and Internet standards
- Experience with Cloud technology: MS Azure. essential
Upcoming projects to consider:
- Telecommunication migration to Zoom Platform
- Re-enforcing Cybersecurity Platform and overall security in the Liminal Cloud environment